The Keegan HELP Fund provides financial assistance for youth ages 12-24 who are connected to Calgary-based youth-serving agencies and organizations, so they can advance their opportunities for education and learning.
Successful applicants may receive a bursary of up to $500 per calendar year (January – December), which may be used for such expenses as:
- Courses and classes
- Sports and recreation opportunities
- Employment readiness
- Identification e.g. Drivers’ License, Passport etc.
- Youth will submit an application form to the Keegan HELP Working Group ([email protected]) that identifies the opportunity they wish to pursue and how this opportunity will advance their education and learning.
- Each applicant can receive a bursary of up to $500 per calendar year. Applicants may apply more than once per year but will not be approved for more than $500 per calendar year.
- Applicants will be asked to identify other sources of funding going towards their opportunity.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not been previously approved.
- Up to 50 per cent of the HELP fund will be prioritized for Indigenous youth.
- Applicants may re-apply at a later date if an application is not successful.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate that they have been associated with an agency or organization for a minimum time period of three months prior to application.
- Applicants will identify their staff supporter to assist them in the pursuit of their goal(s).
- Applications will be reviewed by the Keegan HELP Working Group monthly.
- Application deadlines will be the last day of each month.
- All applicants will be informed the result of their application or be asked to provide additional information within two (2) weeks of the application deadline.
- Successful applicants will be asked to provide a verbal or written report with the assistance of CJHS staff to the Keegan HELP Working Group within 60 days of the bursary being used.