Pathway to Employment is a unique two-fold employment program offered at CJHS.
The program helps males and females aged 18+ who have barriers securing employment as a result of past or current involvement with the criminal justice system. The program is also designed to support Calgary and area employers by providing access to an untapped skilled labour pool of individuals who are ready, willing and able to work.
Services Offered to Participants:
- Employability & Needs Assessment, Action Plan Development, Support & Follow Up
- Career & Life Skills Training; understanding & overcoming barriers to employment
- Effective job search techniques; exploring the hidden job market, employment readiness skills, hard & soft-skills training, interview preparation, cover letter & resume development
- Facilitated job placement & job retention supports
- Computer resource lab, labour market & resource Information, community service referrals, additional internal services & supports as needed
Services Provided to Employers:
- Access to an untapped labour pool of trained, motivated and skilled job seekers who are ready, willing and able to work
- Ongoing liaison between new hires and employer representatives in a role that compliments an employer’s policies and procedures
- Collaborative, individualized long-term job retention strategies that address new hire concerns and future hiring needs in order to remain competitive in today’s ever changing labour market
- Access to workshop presentations as so employers are better equipped to successfully work with a diverse and often marginalized population
Poverty is both a cause and a consequence of crime. Meaningful employment is one of the most successful ways for an individual to move out of poverty and avoid becoming involved in criminal activity. When individuals are given an opportunity to gain meaningful employment, it contributes to the overall health and safety of our community.
The Pathway to Employment program is a free service to those experiencing difficulties securing employment. Referrals are accepted from any source and intakes are on a continuous basis. Please do not hesitate to contact us to answer any questions you may have.
For more information, please call (403) 266-4566