Financial assistance for youth ages 12-24 so they can advance their opportunities for education and learning
Only one in 10 incidents where a youth was accused of a crime happened at school during school hours or a supervised activity (Statistics Canada 2014).
The Keegan HELP Fund provides a bursary of up to $500 per calendar year for a variety of positive activities for youth who are connected to Calgary-based agencies and organizations (e.g. school, sports, probation, charity, counselling, etc.). Successful applicants can use the funding for things like:
- Courses and classes
- Sports and recreation opportunities
- Employment readiness
- Identification e.g. Drivers’ License, Passport etc.
Below are just a few examples of what youth can access with $500:
- Introductory Photography Workshop at the Photo Academy (four classes) — $280
- Boxing lessons at UNDRCARD (20 classes) — $349
- GED (five tests) — $200
- 2D Game Design course at SAIT (eight classes) — $345
- Guitar lessons at Long & McQuade (8 hours total) — $480
- Basketball Day Camp with NBC Camps (five days) — $320
- And more!